Friday, April 17, 2009

Robert Altman's Integrity

Altman's films were definitely interesting and definitely revealed a new filming style to me.
I don't think I would go on looking for his work, because I don't think it quite impressed me.
But I do believe he has a good vision and intention for his work. He is driven with a passion for staying true to his initial intentions in what messages are delivered through his work.
I really respect him for being an artist and not necessarily a director.
The fact that he goes against hollywood's rubric for movies and succeeds in living out his dream, doing his favorite type of work, is amazing to me and inspires me to do the same. I want to do what I want as an artist and not let anyone's advice prevent me from creating what I love.

Thank you, Altman.

No comments: